Thread Rolling Screws
Thread Rolling Screws/ Thread Forming Screws
Value Fastener maintains a huge, in-stock inventory of steel thread forming screws and stainless steel thread forming screws. We carry a variety of brands and styles, including Plas-Fix® 45 and Plastite® and EJOT® PT® metric thread rolling screws, and Taptite® and Plastite® inch-size thread rolling screws.
EJOT® PT®-Alternative, Metric Thread Rolling Screws
With a high thread profile and recessed thread root, the PT® screw provides increased thread engagement with minimal stress on the boss. It provides optimal performance in a wide range of thermoplastics.
· Narrow 30° thread profile
· Optimum thread pitch
· Round body
· Recessed thread root
· Provides maximum resistance to back-out and pull-out
· Minimizes boss failure
Plas-Fix®45 and Plastite®-Alternate,Metric Thread Rolling Screws and Plastite®-Alternative, Inch Sizes Thread Rolling Screws
The PLASTITE® 45 screw is designed to facilitate thread-forming in less-compressible plastics while providing high resistance to strip-out and pull-out.
It has smaller root and major diameters than a 48° PLASTITE®, so it can be used in smaller bosses.
· Tri-roundular configuration that allows displaced material to cold flow back into relief areas.
· 45° profile allows thread to penetrate deeply into plastic material
· Single lead design and narrow helix angle lowers drive torque and failure torque in stiffer plastics
· Reduces possibility of boss failure
· Increases product reliability
· Eliminates need for inserts and lock washers
· Minimizes radial stress
· Allows design of thinner bosses
· Generates strong mating threads
· Resists vibration loosening
· Reduces probability of strip-out and pull-out
· Achieves wide differentials between drive and fail torque
· Creates less stress on the boss
Taptite®-Alternative, Inch Sizes Thread Rolling Screws
TAPTITE 2000® fasteners are high performance thread rolling screws specially designed to lower your in-place fastening costs.
TAPTITE 2000® screws form internal threads into plain holes in ductile materials upon initial installation, which:
· Eliminates the need to pre-tap the nut member
· Reduces problems associated with assembling screws and bolts into pre-tapped holes, such as cross-threading
· Trilobular™ configuration
· Radius Profile Thread™
· Roll forms own work-hardened mating threads
· Available with TORX Plus® Drive System
· Reduces friction
· Increases prevailing torque
· Resists loosening caused by vibration
· Lower end load requirements
· Lowers thread forming torque without sacrificing performance
· Higher, more uniform drive-to-fail ratio
· Increased drive-to-strip ratio
· Resist internal thread stripping
· Excellent axial alignment
· Results in higher strength internal threads due to the cold flow/work hardening that occurs during the forming of the nut thread
· Formed thread can accept metric fastener
· Drive Systems: All styles available; TORX Plus® Drive System recommended
· Point Style: Standard TAPTITE® point; also available in SP™ (short point) and CA point
· Materials: Low carbon steel, medium carbon steel, alloy steel, stainless steel
· Finishes: Will accept all typical finishes
Follow the links above to find the thread rolling screws you’re looking for, or use the filters at left to narrow your search by size, length, material, or other factors. We have the right thread forming screws for any application.
See individual product listings for additional information and specifications.